- Seeds should be kept in the sun for a week, or heated to 50 ° C (seeds must be dry).
- Then you need to discard the unfit, placing them in water for 30 minutes, those that have surfaced are removed.
- The next step is to awaken the seeds. A “bath” is being prepared for them, water heated to 60 ° C, in which watermelon seeds are placed.
- They must be in the water before nibbling, more water does not need to be heated, it should be at room temperature.
- Before growing watermelons, the seeds must be decontaminated. Therefore, we immerse them for 10-15 minutes in a solution of potassium permanganate (dark color).We rinse under running water and after 12 hours the seeds are prepared for planting, it remains only to dry them.
- Watermelon like a warm, sunny space with loose, well-drained and fertile soil. Put a few shovelfulls of composted manure or good compost in the planting hole.
- Do not plant until the soil has warmed to to 65°F (18℃ ).