- Seeds zucchini should be grown in full sun, in rich, well-draining soil.
- Once the danger of frost has passed in your area, these little squash can be directly sown into the garden.
- They are usually planted in groups with two or three seeds per hill and spaced 2-3 feet (60-90 cm) apart. Thin them to one or two plants per hill once the seedlings attain a height of 2 or 3 inches (5-8 cm) tall. Give them plenty of room to grow like any squash; their vines spread 4-6 feet (120-180 cm).
- The fruit should mature between 49 and 54 days. Keep the squash watered well.
- There are no secret squash growing tips; the plants are relatively easy to grow.